Wednesday, September 5, 2007

MY DAD, THE ATHLETE

RACE DAY!
We got up early...or should I say, Mom and Dad got up early. I got to stay in bed for a bit longer. I was in no rush to get out of these jammies. It's nice to be a kid! The Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Marathon started promptly at 7 am. But Dad had to be there at 6...before the sun came up!


Uncle Al and Uncle Jay were so great. They came to root their best friend on! Uncle Jay pushed me around all day...it was nice of him! (That's Mommas purse hanging from my stroller, not Uncle Jay's).

This gentleman was such an inspiration! He raced the ENTIRE marathon in his wheelchair!

Here is Uncle Jay and Uncle Al....oh and me too!

Here came the pack! There were over 24,000 race participants!

Here comes my Dad! This is mile number 8! Doesn't he look great!?

There he goes! He's almost there! Only 5 miles to go!

He's almost at the finish line! Only 1 tenth of a mile to go!

Where's my Dad! I've been sitting here waiting for him....I hope he gets here soon, I want to give him a squeeze...well, maybe after he showers.

These are Dad's shoes! They took him 13.1 miles today! WOW...I wonder how far my shoes have taken me!

Ah.....my favorite thing to do, pull Mommy's hair.

Me and My Dad. He's my hero.

This is the medal each participant received. He proudly hung it up when we got home. He ran the Rock 'N' Roll 1/2 Marathon in 1 hour and 48 minutes and 19 second. He placed 1896 out of 17,018. That's pretty darn good! He finished before over 15,000 other racers. GO DADDY! YOU ARE MY HERO, I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE YOU WHEN I GET OLD!

8 comments:

TK said...

congratulations Alan! Woo Hoo! Yur the man!
love,
aunt treece :)

Anonymous said...

Alan rocks!!!

love,
britt

Anonymous said...

Great Job Alan ,you my Hero also. You will be doing a lot of running around as soon as Miss Kady starts Crawling or Walking LOL Great Job Always Laura

Dani said...

Wow how awesome. Kady you certainly have a couple great role models!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Alan. THAT'S AWESOME. WAY TO GO!!!
Diana

DD said...

WOW!! I am totally impressed!!

Ashley Marshall said...

What an athletic dad you have! I think he's lily's hero too! LOL

MOMMYXTHREE said...

congrats Alan...and thanks