Sunday, July 8, 2007

OUR NATION'S CAPITOL

Mom, Auntie Amy, and Me. Let the fun begin! First things first. This was my very first trip to Washington, DC. I wanted to make sure we saw every square inch of the place. I know how my Mommy and Auntie Amy could get sidetracked...so I had to make sure we were right on schedule and had a game plan!
I kept my pocket guide handy! The Metro could be tricky.
After I told Mom where I wanted to visit....we had to take a look at the map.
I survived my first Metro ride!!
After our first Metro ride we were HUNGRY! We stopped at Johnny Rocket's for lunch. Mom and Amy ate burgers and fries! It looked good!
The Wall
This is the Vietnam Women's Memorial.
We saw this billboard and thought of Great Grandpa Marguy!
We thought this was so cool! A rocker fork!
This is the World War II Memorial.
Mom and I were thinking about taking a dip in the fountain. It was over 90 degrees!! We visited the Holocaust Memorial Museum. We weren't able to take any pictures inside.
Amy was nice enough to lend me her shades...it was bright out!
It was SUPER hot...so we stopped for an icey treat!
Mom said if I didn't behave she was going to turn me over to these guys....I made sure I was extra good!\
This is Ford's Theatre. It is here where President Abraham Lincoln was shot. He was the 16th president of the United States. He abolished slavery and was nicknamed Honest Abe. This monument was built in memory of Abraham Lincoln. This is the George Washington Monument. Mom says he was the first President of the United States! I heard he had wooden teeth!






































Guess where me and Mommy are sitting in front of!?!? I bet you can't guess!










It's the President's House! I wonder if he knew we were outside...I bet he would have invited us in for a snack!


















Our dogs were barking! By the end of the day our feet felt like we walked a thousand miles! My tootsies were tired!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To sweet to cute love those tootsie let me kiss them

TK said...

I love the picture with the ducks! Your blog is beautiful! Keep up the good work!
I had a great time visiting YOU!

love,
aunt t

Anonymous said...

love the tootsie pic...that was awesome

Ashley Marshall said...

I love the feet pic! SOO CUTE!