Thursday, March 6, 2008

What my Parents have to look forward to.........

This post is is a conversation between my Mommy and her old friend....lets see, how about we call him, STO. (This is a true story. Names have been withheld to protect the pride of the innocent. )

***WARNING***
AVOID ALL BEVERAGES WHILE READING.

Mommy: Kady will be a year on Sunday. A WHOLE YEAR. Where the hell does the time go? Pretty soon she's going to tell me that my outfit isn't hip enough and asking for the keys to the car.

STO: Yeah...I lost all of my cool points years ago. Be careful with the car keys. My youngest drove the F-150 through the house and into the bathroom when she had her driver's permit. $8K in damage and 10 years off my life as I sat helpless in the passenger seat. 15 minutes after getting her driver's license she got hit by a lady who failed to yield. Fortunately nobody was hurt in either event. She still contends that she is a good driver...but has bad luck. USAA doesn't think so.

Mommy: Do you mind if I blog that last message? I can't stop laughing.

STO: She was backing the truck out of the garage and got a little crooked so I told her to pull ahead and straighten the truck out. She pulled ahead, looked over her shoulder, and as I started to say "don't forget to put it in reverse" she stepped on the gas. The truck went forward and hit the back wall of the garage. This caused her to panic and push down harder on the gas pedal causing all 300 ponies in that big 5.7 liter engine to kick in and launch us through the wall and into the bathroom. The really scary part is that my wife was on her way into the bathroom as the truck went past her and arrived in the bathroom just before her. I regret that I did not take pictures of the truck embedded in the house. I was too shaken at that point to think of it. My daughters biggest regret is that the teenage neighbor witnessed it and told everyone at their high school. The insurance adjuster told us he gets two or three cars/trucks through the garage wall or door a month. Feel free to blog my story...maybe someone else will learn from our experience or at least get a good laugh!

I hope that made your day, like it made ours!

2 comments:

Irishembi said...

Oh God help me. They are NOT allowed to become teenagers. Turning one was traumatic enough.

Boo said...

When my Dad was teaching me how to drive (the one and only time he ever allowed me in the van) I was driving in to the drive way at home. I was apparently going too fast and Dad, instead of telling me to break was saying "accelerate, accelerate"

So I did. Which panicked Dad more so he started yelling at me to accelerate....so I did!

I came SO close to driving through the front window!

This was a funny story, though I don't think it will be funny in 17 years!

Boo