Thursday, April 10, 2008

STRAWS ARE COOL!

I mastered the art of a straw today! It was pretty tricky at first...but I figured it out! Mommy was thrilled because I learned by using her cup. She mentioned something about backwash...I don't know what that is, oh well! I DO know that cold water is my favorite drink and I was getting all I wanted!

Thanks to Mommy's cousin DD, she encouraged us to use sign language. So far I have learned; thirsty, hungry, more, and finished! It's so nice to be able to communicate with my parents. I know what I want, but I just can't vocalize it yet. But thanks to signing...I can tell them with my hands!

2 comments:

TK said...

What a big girls drinking from a straw! this video brings back happy memories for me :) Keep posting, love to see her!

DD said...

She is too cute with that straw and how lucky are you that she loves water!!I am so excited you are signing! Isn't it wonderful?! I love that they can tell us what they want!!! Have fun learning too. I've been teaching my students too and they are getting books and teaching me! Soon I'll know a second language!